Interdisciplinary Research Projects
About the Grant
Support is intended for research teams composed of academic and research staff, covering a topic across at least two research domains of the three possible: Physical Sciences and Computer Science, Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Individuals from institutions outside MU can participate in the research but shall not be settled the costs. Research topics must be interdisciplinary, innovative and with high added value and such as are usually not supported from other sources and have not yet been investigated at MU.
The aim is to initiate interdisciplinary cooperation on new topics; to create preliminary results aiming at the verification of the feasibility of ambitious interdisciplinary projects; and to prepare the groundwork for external grant applications (ERC Synergy etc.).
- Allocation: CZK 6 million / year
- Expected number of projects: 3 projects
- Annual budget per project: CZK 2 million / year
- Project duration: 3 years
A prerequisite for further evaluation is interdisciplinarity – cooperation of researchers working in at least two research domains of the three possible: Physical Sciences and Computer Science, Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities in accordance with the evaluation system of the European Research Council (ERC). At the same time, it must be demonstrated that it is a balanced partnership, not provision of services.
An important factor is also support for commencement of new cooperation. Projects of investigators whose cooperation was earlier financed from the subprogramme Interdisciplinary Research Projects of GAMU shall be excluded from evaluation during the primary administrative check.
Submitting a proposal
The proposal form in pdf including all annexes must be entered in the Project Management Information System (PMIS) under one reference number at the latest on the deadline date. The documents shall include the project proposal, statutory declaration, budget, and approved cover sheet for all economic units (ECUs) involved. The files entered shall be submitted for evaluation.
Documents (machine readable pdf files):
- The INTERDISCIPLINARY form
- Statutory declaration of the principal investigator on the prescribed form*
- Budget – a pdf file generated from PMIS
- Approved cover sheet for all ECUs involved – a pdf file generated from the PMIS
* The statutory declaration shall be part of the approval process at the main ECU in the PMIS – entered as an annex of the proposal for the cover sheet approval (approval of the cover sheet by the investigator shall be considered a signature)
|Application||September 1st, 2021 – October15th, 2021|
|Evaluation||October 16thst, 2021 - February 15th, 2022|
|Realization||April 1st, 2022 - December 31st, 2024|