Interdisciplinary Research Projects
About the Grant
The support is intended for research teams composed of academics and researchers covering Physical Sciences and Computer Science, Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
The aim is to initiate new interdisciplinary collaboration within MU; to produce preliminary results in order to test the feasibility of ambitious interdisciplinary projects; to prepare the groundwork for external grant applications (ERC Synergy, etc.).
Individuals from departments outside MU may participate in the research without any reimbursement of costs. The research topics must be interdisciplinary, innovative and such that usually cannot be supported from other sources and have not been addressed at MU before.
- Allocation: CZK 6 million / year
- Expected number of projects: 2 projects
- Annual budget per project: CZK 2 million / year
- Project duration: 3 years
The support is intended for teams that will start a new interdisciplinary collaboration. The interdisciplinarity will be assessed by GAMU supervisors and expert project evaluators. At the same time, it must be demonstrated that it is a balanced partnership, not a service.
Projects of researchers whose collaboration has been previously funded by the GAMU Interdisciplinary Research Projects sub-programme will be excluded from the evaluation.
Submitting a proposal
The proposal form in pdf format including all attachments must be uploaded to ISEP under one reference number - project proposal, affidavit and budget - no later than the closing date of the competition. The submitted files will be submitted for evaluation. The proposal is submitted after approval of the cover sheet at the respective HS.
Design documentation (machine-readable pdf):
- Form prescribed for INTERDISCIPLINARY competition
- Affirmation of Principal Investigator on the prescribed form *
- Budget - pdf generated from ISEP
* The affidavit will be part of the approval process at the main ECU in ISEP - inserted as an attachment to the proposal for approval of the proposal guide (approval of the guide by the investigator is considered as a signature).