About the MUNI Award
The main aim of MUNI Award in Science and Humanities (hereinafter referred to as “MASH”) is to bring excellent and successful external researchers to Masaryk University and to offer them such conditions that they are motivated to stay, work for Masaryk University and to attain exceptionally high-quality research results on the long-term basis.
Top research teams shall become a stable part of MU thanks to the employment of persons with transformation potential.
A MASH holder shall be employed full-time at Masaryk University. The workload shall also contain active promotion of science through one event per year, focused on the communication of science to general public (e.g. a lecture), organized at MU. The holder of this prestigious grant shall also be expected to represent Masaryk University and proactively contribute to the future direction of research conducted at MU for the entire duration of the grant holder’s engagement at MU, i.e. also after the completion of the MASH grant project.
The award offers you:
- An opportunity to conduct independent research at a progressive university in the Central European research and innovation hub.
- A budget of approx. CZK 5 million a year for a 5 year period (in total approx. EUR 1 million)
- Laboratory and office space for a research team.
- Welcome service and administrative support.
Open to all domains of Social Sciences & Humanities, Physical Sciences & Engineering, and Life Sciences.
MASH is intended for applicants who were not employed by MU in their main employment for the period of 5 years preceding the deadline of the call.
- An applicant is an ERC grant holder or a leading researcher in the R4 career stage according to the European Framework for Research Careers:
- Has an international reputation based on research excellence in their field;
- Demonstrates critical judgment in the identification and execution of research activities;
- Makes a substantial contribution (breakthroughs) to their research field or spanning multiple areas;
- Develops a strategic vision on the future of the research field;
- Recognises the broader implications and applications of their research;
- Publishes and presents influential papers and books, serves on workshop and conference organising committees and delivers invited talks.
Submitting a proposal
The proposal form in pdf including all annexes must be entered in the Project Management Information System (PMIS) at the latest on the deadline date. The files entered shall be submitted for evaluation. If the applicant is not affiliated with MU, the proposing person shall be the main contact person at the economic unit (ECU) for the given application (e.g. head of the unit, project support officer etc.).
Documents (machine readable pdf files):
- The MASH form containing:
- Current professional CV of the applicant
- Description of the research plan
- Motivation letter
- Declaration of the ECU of its readiness to hire the applicant and create conditions for independent research on the prescribed form*
- Optional annex: Decision on the award of the ERC or another prestigious individual grant / Evaluation Summary Report, or an evaluation of another individual grant project
* The ECU’s declaration shall be part of the approval process at the main ECU in the PMIS – entered as an annex of the proposal for the cover sheet approval (by approving the cover sheet, the head of the ECU declares its readiness to hire the applicant and create conditions for independent research).
The application shall not contain the budget – the applicant shall obtain a predetermined amount in this competition.
The applicant shall submit all the documents in English.
Additional information and documents may be requested during the evaluation procedure (e.g. the ERC application form, detailed specification of the applicant’s key requirements etc.).