Support for Integration of Researchers After a Career Break
About the grant
This grant scheme supports integration of researchers after a career break, for instance due to parental leave, into Masaryk University research teams. The programme shall facilitate and speed up the return of young talented researchers to the productive academic career and increase their share in independent / leading research posts.
- Allocation: CZK 5 million / year
- Expected number of grants awarded: 10
- Annual budget: CZK 500 thousand
- Duration of funding: 2 years
An eligible applicant is a researcher:
- whose career has been interrupted, for example due to parental leave;
- Primarily one whose last employer before career interruption was MU and whose cumulative time at MU was at least 0.5 FTE (Ph.D. studies are equivatelnt 0.6 FTE);
- Proof of completed Ph.D. studies;
- He/she is the author (first, corresponding, or otherwise significant - depending on the specifics of the field) of at least one scientific publication indexed in a journal belonging to the first quartile of the field according to the impact factor in Web of Science or comparable scientific performance in fields whose domain is not Web of Science-indexed publishing.
- He/she has a minimum of 0.5 FTE when returning to MU after a career break (the subsidy does not cover salary, it is a form of supplement)
- Return to work after 15 October 2022
Submitting a proposal
The proposal form in pdf including all annexes must be entered in the Project Management Information System (PMIS) under one reference number at the latest on the deadline date. The documents shall include the project proposal and budget. The files entered shall be submitted for evaluation.
Documents (machine readable pdf files):
- The CAREER RESTART form
- Statement of the head of the unit where the project will be implemented concerning the inclusion of the applicant into the team, his/her potential for the development of the unit and for his/her own career development
Related documents and information
1. 9. 2023 – 13. 10. 2023
16. 10. 2023 – 11. 12. 2023
1. 1. 2024 – 31. 12. 2025
The announcement will be at the GAMU annual conference on 11 December 2023.