About the grant
The aim of this support is to finalise/upgrade an exceptionally high-quality research result which is in an advanced state of development and is limited only by a lack of financial resources. The result should fulfil the parameters for top results in its field of study and should be successful in any national research evaluation that takes quality into account. The programme will support for example: publication in a journal with a high IF, finalisation of a monograph to be published by a prestigious foreign publisher, etc. The financial support is not for the results of applied research (e.g. patent, utility model or methodology).
Proposals will be accepted between September 23rd and October 28th 2019.
The costs will be eligible retrospectively from 1. 10. 2019.
Only those applications will be accepted, which include significantly above-standard publication results that have been submitted to the press and are in the review process.
Financial support can be awarded only to the project proposals fulfilling the following criteria:
- The applicant is an MU employee engaged in research.
- The result will be dedicated fully or mostly to MU.
- There will be bonus points given to an applicant whose result (event. her/his workplace´s scientific results) was nominated for Pillar II of the national evaluation of research.
The quality of the result is exceptionally high (eg. an article in a magazine with a high IF, in the first quartile of its field, monography in a prestigious foreign publishing house, etc.)
The result is in a high degree of completion.
The maximum amount of support is 1 000 000 CZK for one project for up to 1 year. The economic demands of the study field will be taken into account.
The applicant submits a budget framework of eligible costs (see below). The final amount of support will be a matter of negotiation.
- Personal costs (Personal cost of people working on the scientific research necessary for the result finalisation. Personal costs of administrative workers cannot be paid).
- Tangible and intangible assets.
- Travel costs.
- Publishing costs and costs of putting research results into practice.
- Additional costs or expenses.
- Costs which are not eligible for institutional support (for example refreshments).
- Proposal form should be filled in ISEPu (choose "new proposal" and "template" for category E).
- Fill all required fields.
- Describe the supported output:
- what kind of output do you need to support
- describe the potential of the output to success in the national research evaluation
- how far are you in finalizing the output
- what do you need to do to finish the output
- Fill the budget form and justify it.
- Into the tab "DOCUMENTS" upload your CV and/or other relevant documents to support your application (ex. manuscript, an article in revision, communication with a publisher, et.).
- In the tab "Approval" click on "close". Then print and sign the proposal and bring it or send it to the rector´s office (contact Iva Šašinková)